What types of information do we collect and how do we use it?
Information you give us. You may provide information by creating an account and entering information on our Platform, completing an application form to become an entrepreneur or a mentor, attending a video interview with us, contacting us via our Platform or otherwise, or signing up for our newsletters or alerts. We collect the following information, if you provide it to us:
o email address;
o phone number;
o link to your LinkedIn page;
o country and city where you are based;
o information supporting any grant application.
Technical usage information. When you visit the Platform, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
• your IP address; and
• standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Platform.
As it is in our legitimate interests to process your data to provide effective services to you we collect this information in order to:
• personalise our Platform to ensure content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
• monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Platform and services to improve the Platform;
• administer the Platform, and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
• keep the Platform safe and secure; or
• measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others. If you contact us via social media, we receive your contact information from that source.
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences, and ensure that you see the application applicable to you. You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. We use the web analytics tools Google Analytics, Hojtar and Mixpanel to help us understand how users engage with the Platform. Like many services, they use first party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Platform.
How do we share your personal data?
• Amazon Web Services, our cloud storage provider on a server located in the USA, to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
• IT service providers who provide us with SaaS services, including Typeform, Pipedrive, Forest Admin and Sendgrid;
• provided you have consented, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
• analytics and search engine providers located in the USA that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Platform.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
• comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
• enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
• detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
• protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; or
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete and we will endeavour to do so without undue delay. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you:
• where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data;
• where we are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing; or
• where you believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data:
• where you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
• where we want to erase your personal data as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
• where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
• where you have objected to us processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
Objection to Marketing
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com